Calling all game developers!
- Whether you're part of a massive studio developing big-budget console titles or a one-person app-making machine,
- Whether you're most comfortable with shading equations or a graphics tablet,
- Whether you're a grizzled industry veteran or fresh out of school,
SIGGRAPH 2012 is YOUR chance to show off your chops to the world's top creative and technical CG talents. In August, your fellow pixel-mongers will converge on downtown LA from games studios, VFX shops, CG animation houses, and research institutions around the globe to talk about the latest feats of graphics wizardry and art. Don't be left out. There are many opportunities to participate!
- If your game includes a cinematic or gameplay sequence with kick-ass visuals, present it at Real-Time Live! or screen it at the Computer Animation Festival!
- If you poured your heart and soul into a truly excellent game model, animation, effect, level, etc., claim bragging rights at SIGGRAPH Dailies!
- If you came up with a cool new production technique, game tool, or graphics method, present a Talk and explain what makes it tick!
- If you're an expert in a particular area, or leading the way in an important new trend, present a Course and teach the rest of the industry about it!
Other options include expressing your convictions on the best way to make games in a Panel, writing a Technical Paper about a groundbreaking technique or system, describing some promising work in progress in a Poster, having people make content for your game in the Studio, and demonstrating a new game production tool or control system in Emerging Technologies.
If you're still not sure what to submit or which program to send it to, this list of game-related presentations at SIGGRAPH 2011 can be a good reference. This year, we are hoping to have even more game-industry content, especially material relating to mobile or indie development. So start typing up those submissions and spread the word!